Developing a successful business has as much to do with the way we approach things as anything else. So it's always useful to heed the work habits of successful business owners.
Here are some of the good work habits that they have shared with us.
- Think of difficult jobs and assignments as challenges rather than obstacles. Don't over think a job and don't over-criticize yourself. Perfection is seldom achieved and never rewarded.
- Look for better ways. Think outside the box; involve your team, family, your business advisor. Discover new and better ways to do things. Ideas can be found anywhere.
- Organize your desk, your files, and your life. Use technology so that you can locate everything you need when you need it. You haven't the time to spend an hour looking for something that's hidden somewhere.
- Technology is essential to every business. Keep up with trends. Someone has already provided a solution for your biggest problem.
- The only constant thing in this world is change. Be flexible to whatever changes might occur at work and try to adapt quickly.
- Don't be late for appointments. The working world is not the world of university. At university, the worst that can happen when you show up late in class is that the professor won't let you in.
- When talking on the phone employ good phone etiquette. Don't talk loudly and distract others nearby. When making business phone calls, always be polite and have a pen and paper at the ready.
- Personal and business emails are different. Use standard formats for business emails to stay professional and always re-read what you have written.
- Value and manage your time well. Missing deadlines is a reflection of your brand.